Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow Stuck

I guess I have not mastered the art of planning ahead. I thought that I had everything covered when I had organized a trip to jersey to get some stuff done but little did I know that it was going to be a huge snow storm. I didn't know until my friend had texted me and told me to be careful because it is going to snow a lot more during the afternoon. I thought that everything should be fine and we should be able to make it back into the city in time for the Nutcracker. A ballet that I've longed to see and we finally bought the tickets for.

On our way back, despite our better judgement, we hit a curb as we were going down hill. Somehow that hit was enough to throw the car out of alignment. With the weather condition and the condition of the car, our hopes of going back into the city was gone. The goal of going to see the nutcracker was out the window as well. So there it is... our tickets..

We ended up leaving the car in the parking lot of a plaza and my sister picked us up and we stayed over the night in her house. I guess after all it was better than getting stuck on the train back to the city and sleeping on the train. Need to remind you, I was under dressed and I didn't have any food on me so we would definitely be some very unhappy campers.

Finally today, we were able to drop the car off at a mechanics shop and take a bus back into the city. I was freezing of course and my feet were so cold I could barely feel them. I really need some warm shoes this year. Not to mention, some really warm socks as well..

No comments:

Post a Comment